过去, 昔日 过去的 過去
- 名词 (Noun)PLpasts
- The period of time that has already happened, in contrast to the present and the future.
- a book about a time machine that can transport people back into the past
- (grammar) The past tense.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore pastSUPmost past
- Having already happened; in the past; finished.
- The highway to the East Coast which ran through the borough of Ebbfield had always been a main road and even now, despite the vast garages, the pylons and the gaily painted factory glasshouses which had sprung up beside it, there still remained an occasional trace of past cultures.
- (postmodifier) Following expressions of time to indicate how long ago something happened; ago.
- Of a period of time: having just gone by; previous.
- Sarkozy's total will be seen as a personal failure. It is the first time an outgoing president has failed to win a first-round vote in the past 50 years and makes it harder for Sarkozy to regain momentum.
- (grammar) Of a tense, expressing action that has already happened or a previously-existing state.
- past tense
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore pastSUPmost past
- in a direction that passes.
- I watched him walk past
- Passing by, especially without stopping or being delayed.
- Ignore them, we'll play past them.
- Please don't drive past the fruit stand, I want to stop there.
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- beyond in place, quantity or time.
- the room past mine
- count past twenty
- past midnight
- The warship rang its semihourly bell, announcing it was now half past 10 o'clock.
- It might be seen as inappropriate, but I'll sneak it past human resources.
- Computer-generated graphics have come a long way in the past few decades.
- His image reflected from the shop window as he walked past.
- This guy is right up on my tail, so I will slow down to let him past.
- 934) The men of science will climb grassy hillsides of [Easter] island to peer at hundreds of great stone faces that have so far out-sphinxed the sphinx in determined silence about the past.
Meaning of past for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en pasture
- en pastoral
- fr pastoral
- en pastor
- en paste