法律, 法学 法律
- 法律（英语：Law） 是一種由規則組成的體系，經由社會組織來施與強制力量，規範個人行為。法律是一系列的規則，通常需要經由一套制度來落實。
- 名词 (Noun)PLlaws
- (uncountable) The body of rules and standards issued by a government, or to be applied by courts and similar authorities.
- By law, one is not allowed to own a wallaby in New York City.
- A particular such rule.
- A new law forbids driving on that road.
- (more generally) A written or understood rule that concerns behaviours and their consequences. Laws are usually associated with mores.
- "Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you" is a good law to follow.
- (sciences, strictly) A well-established, observed physical characteristic or behavior of nature. The word is used to simply identify "what happens," without implying any explanatory mechanism or causation. Compare to theory.
- Newton's third law of motion states that to every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction. This is one of several laws derived from his general theory expounded in the Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.
- (mathematics) A statement that is true under specified conditions.
- A category of English "common law" petitions that request monetary relief, as opposed to relief in forms other than a monetary judgment; compare to "equity".
- (cricket) One of the official rules of cricket as codified by the MCC.
- (slang, uncountable) The police.
- Here comes the law — run!
- (fantasy) One of the two metaphysical forces of the world in some fantasy settings, as opposed to chaos.
- An oath, as in the presence of a court. See wager of law.
- (obsolete) a tumulus of stones.
- (Scottish and northern dialectal, archaic) a hill.
- 感叹词 (Interjection)
- (dated) An exclamation of mild surprise; lawks.
- The accused politician was a power-hungry man who broke the law so he could help his buddies.
- After marriage, the man had anciently (but this was anterior to Christianity) the power of life and death over his wife. She could invoke no law against him; he was her sole tribunal and law.
- Robbin' people with a six-gun / I fought the law and the law won
- The result was a string of decisions that further established riparianism as a rule of law.
- No doubt he thought he had critically exposed its wrongmindedness and destroyed its claims to acceptance as a serious or coherent theory of law.
- Bound servants, steal! Large-handed robbers your grave masters are, And pill by law!
Meaning of law for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en laws
- en lawyer
- en lawyers
- en lawn
- en lawful