district 中文 EN[ˈdɪstɹɪkt] US
区, 地区, 区域 區域
- 名词 (Noun)PLdistrictsPREdis-
- An administrative division of an area.
- ‘I understand that the district was considered a sort of sanctuary,’ the Chief was saying. ‘An Alsatia like the ancient one behind the Strand, or the Saffron Hill before the First World War. […]’
- An area or region marked by some distinguishing feature.
- the Lake District in Cumbria
- (Britain) An administrative division of a county without the status of a borough.
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- 动词 (Verb)SGdistrictsPRdistrictingPT, PPdistricted
- (transitive) To divide into administrative or other districts.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore districtSUPmost district
- (obsolete) rigorous; stringent; harsh.
- “It would appear to me that the case is being overtried by the district attorney’s office,” said Benjamin Brafman , a criminal defense lawyer and former prosecutor.
- The court intervened to reapportion the voting districts that had been unfairly laid out under the controlling party's regime.
- Small beekeepers may wish to team up with other beekeepers in their area and cooperative extracting rooms may be the practical answer in many districts even ...
- A power surge at that generator created a blackout across the whole district.
- They will laicise each of the schools in the district.
Meaning of district for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr district
- en districts
- fr districts
- en districtly
- en districted